Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting & Communications Specialist
Location: Yola, Adamawa
The Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Reporting and Communication Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all information and data collected from the field is compiled, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for DRC Nigeria internal purposes and as per donor requirements.
- The position is also responsible to develop high-quality communication products, highlighting DRC Nigeria programme activities for external audiences.
- Under the direction of the QAM and in coordination with programme sector managers and the M&E Specialist, ensure timely compilation of programme and project data to meet the internal, donor, and sector coordination reporting requirements by the deadline;
- Ensure templates and processes are fit for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders;
- Conduct capacity building with programme and support unit staff to ensure reporting requirements and toolkits are used effectively;
- Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the QAM prior to dissemination.
- Ensure that all grants and subsequent documents are uploaded to Dynamics timely and relevant information is updated
- Under the direction of the QAM, develop, implement, and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners, donors, beneficiaries and host communities, media, the general public, and government stakeholders about DRC-DDG as an organization and programme achievements and progress;
- Act as the focal point for collecting and compiling information to produce external communication products promoting the contribution of DRC-DDG Nigeria to the crisis response, ensuring protection principles and standards are adhered to in all products disseminated publicly;
- Undertake field visits to produce creative and engaging communications products to raise awareness of the crisis in northeast Nigeria and the humanitarian response efforts of DRC-DDG;
- Provide high-quality editing of text and visual materials and products to the standard required for public dissemination;
- Maintain and update DRC-DDG Nigeria country profile documents, fact sheets, and presentations for external audiences;
- Ensure all DRC-DDG and donor visibility requirements and communications commitments are implemented;
- In coordination with the QAM, liaise with DRC-DDG West Africa regional office and headquarters communications focal points as required.
- Support programme unit to compile high-quality concept papers and proposals, especially your role will be a compilation of inputs and editing of concept/proposal documents
- Ensure updating of DRC Nigeria grant files for ease of reference
- Regularly update rant portfolio document, highlighting reporting timelines, as well as concept and proposal development timelines
You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience working with humanitarian/development organizations with responsibilities for grants, reporting and/or communications.
- University Degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Development Studies, Journalism, Communications or similar
- Certification or equivalent professional experience in graphic design, publishing, or similar
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity in editing of written and audio-visual reporting and communication products to the quality required for submission and dissemination to external audiences;
- Advanced computer literacy in publishing and design software (Office suite, Adobe, InDesign, etc), evidenced by a portfolio of communications products produced by the candidate;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context;
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment
- Contract length: 6 months with a possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band M.F 1
- Duty Station: YOLA, Non-family, Unaccompanied Position
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager” only.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.