Anadach Group is a strategic healthcare consulting firm focused on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies.
We provide a wide range of services to various stakeholders in the health sector including management consulting,Advisory and Capability Enhancement Services,Professional and Executive Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Officer
Reports to: Managing Director and Chief Medical Officer
- Our Client has led the way in making affordable healthcare accessible to Lagosians for almost four decades. Located in one of the most densely populated local governments in Lagos, the facility is currently an approximately 100-admission bed hospital which recently became a part of the AfyA Care Group.
- They are currently in a growth phase as they seek to take their successful and affordable care model to new locations in Lagos via a new hub-and-spoke model. Our client intends to open facilities in at least two new locations in the near future.
- The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will be responsible for assuring delivery of quality healthcare services to all patients. He/ she will also help in developing, implementing, and evaluating the medical practice delivery model in accordance with the goals of the Hospital. This position serves as a member of the Management Committee of the Hospital.
- The CMO will be joining the Hospital in the middle of transformation involving culture changes expansion to new locations and an urgent drive for improvement in quality delivery. The hospital is a high volume, high traffic facility with aspirations of becoming a teaching hospital. The preferred candidate will therefore be required to bring a lot of energy and drive to the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the entire medical functions of the company.
- Provide planning and leadership to the Medical department by ensuring that appropriate structures, systems, competencies, and values are developed.
- Perform clinical supervision of medical staff, including regular performance appraisals and feedback to staff.
- Develop standards and medical governance for medical personnel and the organization at large.
- Develop and issue medical policies and procedures for the organization.
- Establish and ensure adherence by physicians, consultants, nurses and the entire medical staff to the company’s code of best medical practice
- Provide medical and scientific input to support product development teams
- Keep abreast of all medical regulations and advises the management team on changes and required action.
- Perform clinical responsibilities as required and agreed upon by the Board
- Advise on the procurement of medical equipment and consumables
- Might be required to provide clinical guidance and regular reports on clinical activities to the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a liaison between medical staff and administration
- Establish ongoing liaison with the regulators, government agencies, national medical leadership, and key opinion leaders.
- Provide supervision of continuing professional education, in-service training, and orientation of new medical staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly and annual medical budgets for the company.
- Participate in executive team meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Medicine with related specialization from a reputable institution is required.
- Fellowship or equivalent level of Professional Medical Certification in Nigeria or outside Nigeria.
- Must possess relevant practicing license for Nigeria
- Must be a certified member of a recognized professional body of Medical Practitioners Specialists.
- Must have 5-10 years’ hands-on experience in performing medical procedures.
- Must have Clinical Experience in a large and structured hospital setting.
- Must have experience in operations, management and administration/leadership role in a healthcare facility.
- Experience in Clinical Research, Training and Administration will be an advantage
- Clinical teaching experience and private practice experience desirable
- Experience as a Medical Director in a medical facility is desirable.
- Having a mix of experience in high income as well as low/middle income countries will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent people management skills, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done.
- Ability to dispassionately challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Effective delegator of duties to achieve results
- Ability to multitask and function in a high-pressure environment
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected] please indicate your name and job title as the subject of your email.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.