Dragnet Solutions Limited - Our client, an integrated marine service and logistics provider in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- We are recruiting for the role of a 'General Manager'. The ideal candidate will report to the Group CEO and lead the Terminal Free Ports under the direction of the Board of Directors.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-day management of the operation in accordance with current legislation and the general policies/specific directions of the Board.
- Enhance and facilitate the profitability of the Port, its public image and positive contribution to the economy of Nigeria.
- Prompt execution of all resolutions and decisions of the Board of Directors
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on the Performance Management System of Terminals.
- Provide good Commercial and Business acumen leadership especially in the areas of port and shipping economics and management to explore opportunities for revenue generation, business growth and enhancing/promoting efficient and safe port operations
- Oversee the efficient running of all the Divisions of the organization to ensure they are operating at a high standard, executing all their functions and roles, achieving their goals to ensure each Division and the Authority achieves its mandate;
- Provides advice to the Board that reflects the analysis of a broad range of issues affecting port operation, management and development.
- Demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of political, social and economic factors affecting the organization.
- Builds and sustains relationships within the organization, the Board of Directors, NPA, port users and with a diverse range of external stakeholders
- Drives a culture of achievement and commitment to achieving outcomes beyond expectations.
- Drives activities that support organizational sustainability, operational efficiency and flexible resource management; engender a culture of accountability and transparency
- Provides Leadership in enterprise-wide compliance to the statutory corporate governance and process compliance standards.
- Good University Degree
- Minimum of 15 years of quality work experience; 5 of which must have been spent at Strategic Senior Management level in the Shipping/Port Industry
- Professional qualification e.g. MSc/MBA Management is compulsory
- Advanced knowledge of port operations and management.
- Working Knowledge of all relevant International Port related regulation standards
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage.
Job Competency Requirements:
- Leadership (Leading From the Front, Leadership by example)
- Business Acumen
- Management Skills( Technical, Financial, People, Project)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent Decision Making
- Result and Value Driven
- Quality Management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Revenue Growth
- Cost Efficiency
- Market Share Growth
- HSEQ Compliance
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Port Overall Performance and Productivity
- Effectiveness of Stakeholders Relationship Management
- Shareholder Value Growth.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.