Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Secretary (Male)
Reference ID: 217
Job Type: Full time
Essential Job Functions
- Perform secretarial duties for the company and provide general office administration support services
- This is a secretarial position of an administrative nature, involving responsibility for general departmental management. Employees in this class perform a variety of complex secretarial/clerical, and administrative duties.
- Primary emphasis is placed upon relieving the supervisor of administrative details by preparing considerable correspondence, compiling and summarizing data into concise form and by preparation of reports.
- An employee in this class receives guidance from a supervisor and is expected to exercise considerable tact, discretion, and judgement. Performance is evaluated periodically.
- Perform experience level secretarial tasks of a confidential nature including but not limited to producing letters, reports, memorandums, etc. via the computer; make photocopies, files, distributes mail, etc.
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with staff, students, co - workers, parents and/or visitors
- Complete requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies;
- Secure information by completing database backups.
- Provide historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval system.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading secretarial publications.
- Receive telephone calls, take messages and answer inquiries within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Prepare materials for workshops, conferences, meetings, duplicates/collates.
- Receive and makes call for the company on the company’s phones.
- Work with the Head-HR Admin on procurement of offices stationeries’
- Ensures that the CEO’s office is clean and in order.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Application Closing Date
- OND / HND / B.Sc graduate or equivalent and five years of clerical/secretarial experience, with a minimum of two years at the level of secretary or Relevant Degree in Secretarial Studies and three years of clerical/secretarial experience, two years of which must have been at the level of Secretary.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Planning, organizing and analyzing
- Manage an office and coordinate daily activities and/or schedule
- Writing, reporting, presenting and communicating information
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form
- Work harmoniously with individuals and groups of employees
- Work independently and organize complex clerical tasks and administrative tasks quickly and accurately
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Accomplish work responsibilities with minimum supervision
- Remain calm under trying circumstances and work with frequent interruptions
- Maintain efficient office procedures and a system for keeping track of requested actions and reports
- Type from rough draft and keyboard at an efficient rate of speed
- Meet strict timelines and perform multiple tasks
- Skill and knowledge in the operation, use and care of office equipment
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of technology (i.e. computers, word processing, database spreadsheet programs and power point)
- Knowledge and ability of record keeping methods, keyboarding and preparation of correspondence
- Knowledge of alphanumeric filing systems, inventory control methods and methods commonly used in the training for acquiring clerical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online