Farmcrowdy is an agric-tech platform that gives Nigerians the opportunity to participate in Agriculture by connecting farm sponsors with real farmers for the purpose of producing high-quality farm produce. Our mandate is to empower rural farmers, contribute to food security in Nigeria and provide a healthy means of engaging people with Agriculture from a profit driven perspective.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Head, Farm Operations
South-West (Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo)
Reports to: VP, Operations & CEO
Contract Duration: Minimum 2 years
- The Regional Head (SW), Farm Operations will be responsible for all farm operations located in the South-West part of the Country.
- The overall region consists of the following states: (Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo). The role requires a reliable, trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated professional who is always prepared to be a “hands on” practical farm manager when required.
- The Regional Head will be managing a combined team of Farm Managers, Farm Extension Workers and also the Farmers. The Regional Head is to ensure applicable Management expertise; Regional Managers are to encourage and develop their team (through exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes to improve the long term performance of their farm operations).
- To co-ordinate management of all farm operations within the region. This will include but not limited to Crop production for Maize, Tomato, Soya Beans
- Perform long and short term project management to optimize farm profit and minimize loss
- Coordinate financial and physical performance of the farm
- Successful implementation of short and long term business plans in cooperation with the management team and ground staff
- Manage the initial set-up of the farm from bush clearing, irrigation installations and building up your team
- Manage all day-to-day operations in grain production (maize, soya beans, cassava and tomato) & other associated farming activities (Livestock)
- Manage seed acreage contract allocations to farmers
- Land management of cropping systems, nutrients, pests, tillage and other resources
- To increase yield by variety selection and soil improvement practices
- Active involvement in Selection of Farm lands, Soil tests etc
- Co-ordinate an integrated pest management system
- Develop a cost effective and environmentally sound method of enhancing yields
- To create a stable Project Farms workforce by providing leadership for effective management of the staff and operations of the region.
- To provide coaching and training on developing production management programmes which will enhance profitability
- Maintain the Farm Projects’ evaluation program, measuring for effectiveness and productivity of operation areas. Prepare reports as assigned.
- Facilitate Training programs; Develop and Deliver appropriate training to both Farm Managers and Farm Extension Workers; Coordinate training needs assessment
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Set-up agreed KPIs for the region and ensure targets are achieved
- Financial Reports on all Farming activities
- Conflict Resolution
- Compile and Control Yearly Budgets for the region
- Maintain regular communication with the Farm Managers and the Farm Extension workers
- Liaise and interact with Farmers’ co-operatives/ Farming communities located within the region
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in agricultural processes and farms operations with focus on grain production.
- Must be able to provide evidence on a previous farm project/research work in agriculture with reference from the farm management about a successful out-come on such farms
- A Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture is required; a Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Irrigation Farming
- Must have expertise knowledge of all or some of the following crops; Maize, Tomato, Cassava and other crop/livestock peculiar/common to the region.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Effective leader and team-player receptive to feedback and willing to learn new things and share knowledge and skills; embracing continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and negotiating skills
- Language proficiency (English & Hausa)
- Willingness to Travel
- Must demonstrate ownership of an Agric Support Network
- Must belong to a Professional Body (Group) that is related/affiliated to Agriculture
- Must have access to Federal (State) Ministries and or Parastatals which are responsible for Agriculture (Products, Equipment and otherwise)
Very Attractive (Offer).
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
Farmcrowdy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce.