APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Partner - HSE
Location: Nigeria, Lagos
Department: Health / Safety / Security / Environment / Quality
Leadership & Engagement:
- Assist and support the Head of HSE with development, implementation and maintenance of Health/ Safety/ Environment programs that are regulatory compliant.
- Provide an excellent cross functional partnership service to plan, facilitate and enable the achievement of HSE goals and priorities.
- Provides HSE expertise and knowledge to facilitate business operations and assist in the development of Emergency plans, Safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Influence colleagues and key stakeholders within business unit to become effective Safety Leaders. Through role modelling what great looks like; regular engagement and attendance at stakeholder forums; and provide guidance in compliance with applicable company standards and International laws and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate professional working relationships with customers, shipping lines, contractors and vendors, Government agencies and their representatives, trucking communities, terminal departments and the Union workforce. Ensure they are aware and are compliant with our safety regulations and policy.
- Preserve energy efficiency by using natural resources effectively and efficiently, protecting the natural environment.
Strategy & Management Systems:
- Assist and support the head of HSE in defining and executing the HSE strategy and the monitoring of the strategy implementation.
- Influence and support Senior Managers and personnel to ensure the continued development of HSE culture and operating best practices through the embedding of HSE strategic elements in business unit operating and resourcing plans.
- Support local business units to interpret and adopt Health/Safety/Environment strategy within budgetary guidelines. This includes the creation of their annual Safety Plans and monitoring progress against the actions defined within the plan.
- Plan and manage HSE resources in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Support the delivery and adoption of a structured HSE management systems.
- Support the Procurement Lead in the HSE requirements of supplier contracts,assessment of tenders and integration of new contractors/vendors.
- Identify key processes for assessment and recognize opportunities for continuous improvement by identifying and mitigating risks through co-operations with stakeholders.
- Assure improvement action plan has identified risk and/or unsafe work practices that are realistic, practical and sustainable. Take a lead role in ensuring controls are understood and enforced.
- Monitor the availability and quality of risk assessments and safe working procedures provided by contractors/vendors.
- Assure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and visitors to the entities comply with relevant legislation and APMT global HSE standards.
- Coach and support significant incident investigation activities across business unit to ensure effective incident investigation processes are applied to understand immediate and underlying causes.
- Monitor investigation improvement actions delivery to prevent recurrences and disseminate learning.
- Work proactively with union representatives to ensure they are involved in significant incident investigations involving their members.
- Support and coach local business unit to utilize Fatal5.com for incident report management, ensuring consistently high-quality data entry and timely responses to insurance claims.
Training & Coaching:
- Support the business unit in development and implementation of training plans,competency and capability requirements for colleagues to enhance awareness,engagement and capability.
- Leverage centres of expertise for development and HSE service delivery for execution of HSE programmes that support business objectives.
- Support the development of others through training, coaching & mentoring
- Support the delivery of HSE training programmes and advise on more specialist HSE training.
- Maintain and improve their own Health/Safety/Environment competencies and mentor and coach HSE team to ensure that best practice is applied.
- Up to 10% of time allocated to support Corporate Health/Safety/Environment projects.
We Are Looking For
- BSc / MSc Health and Safety discipline, BSc in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or equivalent.
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Graduate member of IOSH.
- 3 to 5 years + Experience in health and safety at a senior level with a proven track record in the delivery of business objectives.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals Operational Practices.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills and strong influencing skills.
- A demonstration of continued professional development within HSE.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must hold a valid Driver's license with driving experience (manual).
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.